Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Week 24: Baby Shower and Family Visit


 
Here we are at 24 weeks! At the end of last week I was feeling some abnormal discomfort and to say that I was worried would be an understatement. I was having some cramping and a dull pain in my lower back - some symptoms of preterm labor. So, I called my OB's office to find out if I should be concerned. I was told it was most likely my hips spreading and my body stretching to make room for the girls. I took some Tylenol and that seemed to ease the pain. I was so very thankful! But let me tell you, I've been feeling much more pregnant with twins now more than ever! I found out on Monday at my OB appointment that they have changed positions. Baby A (on my right) has always been head down and Baby B (on my left) has always been laying across my belly button. On the ultrasound A was breach and B was head down. We figured that's what caused the discomfort a few days prior - it takes a lot of work for two babies to work together to change positions like that. The next day I had my MFM appointment and actually discovered both babies are now head down. Baby A is pretty low in there, but the doctor didn't seem concerned. Heart beats were good as usual and my blood pressure was good. They checked my cervix and it was measuring about 2.4cm (last week was 2.1cm). Minor progress is great progress to me! The good news is it has stabilized since I started the progesterone and taking it easy. We'll check back in a week and keep monitoring it. We're continuing to pray the progress continues and they stay in there awhile longer. The goal is to reach 36 weeks!

Family arrived late Saturday evening after a long few days of driving from Oregon. A car full of women and a toddler - a bunch of crazies that love us! Sunday was an exciting day - baby shower day! I have loved having my family be able to be here to celebrate our babies - they got a two-for-one deal with this trip!

My lovely small group friends did a wonderful job hosting a beautiful shower for our girls. Tea for Two - seriously, so adorable. We are so very grateful for the amazing friends we have who came and showered us with clothes and all things baby girl! So thankful to the Lord for a good support system here who love us well, serve, and pray for us. A huge a THANK YOU to you all!
Tea for TWO delicious treats!
Sweet notes to Ellie and Nora
Me and cousin Kori (one of the twins in my family - we have several)
The car load - Aunt, mom, grandma, Kori, and niece Kinsley
Precious friends and hostesses! Love you all!
We had a full, fun outing to Waco before family left Wednesday. Richard tagged along and volunteered to squeeze in the very back between the two toddler car seats - his thinking was "if it's not me then it'd be your grandma and she shouldn't have to do that - she's old." I just love him.
hehehe!
My aunt had a request to stop at the show "Fixer Upper" shop, Magnolia. Fun little shop, some stuff I would have loved to get, but a little spendy for my wallet.
We grabbed lunch then headed over to the Dr. Pepper Museum for a treat.
Dr. Pepper float
My favorite person :)
Such a ham!
It was a fun day, but I was definitely feeling uncomfortable. Sitting upright in the car and at the restaurant was a bit rough - the girls were moving A LOT because their space was limited in that position. My feet started swelling as well. Oh the fun stuff of being pregnant. Had a nice long nap with my feet up once we got home.

We spend this morning at home and visiting with my family one last time before they headed out to drive home - they wanted to take a little more time heading back to Oregon so they could be better rested and also see some sights on the way. I'm so thankful they could come out and visit and celebrate with us - it's always hard to say goodbye. I wish we all lived closer, but this is where the Lord has us and we love it.

The nursery was painted while they were here - yay! So the next task up is to start getting the cribs and room together and decorating - the fun stuff! Can't wait to post pictures when it's all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment