Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 21



Week 21 has been kind of a whirlwind! I had my MFM check up on my cervix. It was an evening appointment, which was nice because the hubby was able to come with me - he hadn't been to any of my high risk appointments yet. They finished checking baby B's heart measurements, but are still missing a few little measurements on both girls. Will hopefully get those at the next one. So, last week (crazy Texas weather day appointment), they discovered my cervix was short - about 2.5cm. They wanted to monitor it the following week, so they checked it this week and it had shortened a bit more - to 2.3cm. The doctor recommended some progesterone to help regulate it (and hopefully lengthen it) and keep me from going into preterm labor. Kind of scary to think about, really. I've been very prayerful this week because I find myself worrying more than usual (is that even possible?!).

My blood pressure has been borderline most of this pregnancy, but it was ok at this appointment. I've started having some swelling in my right ankle/foot. Just another thing to keep an eye on. I will currently be going in to see my MFM doctors weekly to check on things and will continue to do so unless things change for the better.

Sigh.

Some good news is that the placenta previa has been cleared! Babies are growing well and have great heartbeats! I definitely find some relief in that. Still continuing to pray that my body will do what it is intended to, to keep these sweet littles cookin' for awhile longer and that I find comfort in the Lord's sovereignty - goodness knows I worry too much.

Had some fun this weekend at a sweet friend's baby shower! She's having a little girl any day now! It was so fun to see all the adorable things she will be wearing after she enters the world. I cannot wait to meet her and for our girls to be friends!





In other news, I've been thinking about baby names A LOT lately. These dear sweet friends are throwing me a baby shower at the end of the month and at first I wasn't feeling too pressed to have names picked out, but the more I thought about it (and the more I had a few people tell me "no pressure, but I'd like to get them monogramed/named items...") the more I wanted to have it decided fairly soon. I really like the idea of knowing them by name especially for such a special occasion (I was like that with J too). I know it's early to HAVE to have names, but I'm kind of type A and really wanted one of the most difficult decisions to be crossed off my list. My husband, on the other hand, did not share in my urgency. After a bit of discussion, going back and forth, and my harrassing him to the point that he locked himself in the bedroom to think, we finally agreed! Praise Jesus! Seriously. Coming up with one name is difficult, but TWO? Holy mother, was it challenging, but our marriage survived!

Wait. You want to know what they are? Oh. Ok. *drumroll, please...*

Ellie Lynne and Nora Lane

I've had Ellie's name picked out since after I had J and still really liked it. Lynne is my middle name and my aunt's first name. Nora was all Richard. He did good. Her middle name was actually the first one I blurted out, it was a miracle he liked it too! I seriously felt like there was a chorus of angels singing as we asked each other "Did we just make a decision?" Yes, babe, we did. No take backs!

Such a relief to have named these precious little girls already. We haven't discussed who will get what name yet...climb one mountain at a time, people...but it's nice to attach a name to them when I feel them moving around inside me. Plus, it will definitely help me get my decorating on in their nursery! I enjoy this kind of stuff!

As for this coming week, tomorrow (Monday) I have to go in bright and early for my glucose test, hang out for an hour, then find out if I have gestational diabetes. Praying we're all healthy! I'm not sure I can handle yet another "risk" in this pregnancy. It's been quite the roller coaster of emotions already. Then Tuesday I go in for my weekly MFM appointment. Definitely pray the progesterone is helping and we get some good news! I'll try to blog earlier in the week and keep y'all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment