Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 23


Week 23 - made it to church Sunday!
Y'all. I'm already feeling large. I think it's because I feel so heavy carrying two littles instead of one because I don't feel I look too huge...yet. I feel them moving a lot, which is fun! They give me cravings for chocolate in the form of ice cream, which has become a staple (shhh! Some days I only have a little!). I still have some ligament pain on my left side, so sleeping has become a bit uncomfortable already and if I've been sitting for a longer period of time and then stand up - putting weight on that side is killer! My clothes are fitting ok. Certain things make feel bigger than I am, which is no fun for an emotional lady such as myself, but I have scored some great deals on clothes recently that will hopefully get me through a little while longer. The dress in the above picture - only $8 at a resale store! I went to the Just Between Friends consignment sale this past week with the hope of stocking up on some stuff for the babies and me. Walked away with a pretty good haul and little disappointment!




I found a few maternity items (for $5 each), an outfit for Josiah, a play mat for the girls ($12), a Boppy lounger, and twin breastfeeding pillow for a whopping $8! I definitely couldn't walk away without a few things for the girls either, so I found some super adorable dresses and jumpers for a great price! I'm a happy camper.

Since last week's MFM appointment I've been trying to take it easy. I've spent more time on the couch this past week than what I'm used to. Some days I have to work really hard to do nothing and other days it's easy to ask for help and not push myself. It's getting a little easier for me to ask the hubby for help with things - I know, it shouldn't be that difficult, but I'm very independent and feel bad asking for others to do things for me when I feel I should be capable of it myself. I'm working through it :) Thankful for a 3 year old that plays independently - oh how I would love to go outside with him or get on the floor and build tall towers too!


Yesterday a friend of mine insisted I come over with J so I could sit in their recliner and do nothing while she managed the kids (she has 3 of her own). I'll be honest, at first it was a little odd for me to let someone else do my job as a mom while I did nothing, but the Lord hushed my need for control and independence to help me see what blessings I have in my life and that though it looks like I'm doing nothing, I'm actually doing what is necessary and good for these littles growing inside me. I have so many friends here in Texas that would do whatever they can to help during this time of uncertainty and stress and worry. Without them I'd be a mess, I'm sure.

So that brings me to latest update after today's MFM appointment. Currently, my cervix has stabalized! Meaning, last week it was 2.0cm and today it measured at 2.1cm. It's moving up, which is what we want! Praying for that lengthening to continue as the weeks go on! I will continue taking the progesterone daily and taking it easy. I asked a ton of questions today - I see several different doctors, I needed some reassurance from a medical perspective. In regards to the surgical cerclage that was mentioned at my last appointment, this is not something they will do nor advise for my current situation. They will not do one after 24 weeks and since I'm almost there it's not really an option for me anymore. I was also informed that if they were to have had done one it would have been done earlier and only if my cervix was extremely short (less than 1.5cm). It was good to hear the doctor's thoughts on this as it was something that made me kind of nervous. So needless to say, I felt some relief when I was told they wouldn't do one. I also asked what would be done if I were to go into preterm labor. All the information they gave me today kind of put things into perspective for me. Yes, it's still worrisome, but I'm a bit more hopeful that the Lord will keep these babies inside awhile longer. The babies by they way, looked great as usual and my blood pressure was awesome today (she checked it twice to make sure since it had been higher in the past)! Woo-hoo!

So the rest and progesterone is still advised. I will continue to go in weekly to monitor my cervix. If there continues to be stability and/or length added then I'll go every other week, but for now we take it one day and one week at a time.

I felt good leaving the doctor today. For the first time in the past month, I haven't cried on my way home from my MFM appointment. The Lord knew I needed this. I've been struggling with clinging to him for hope in these times of worry, but oh how gracious he is and how he uses doctors and friends and family to remind you of his goodness and strength and remind you to pray. Though there are worries there are also blessings to be praising him for - these girls have always had a good report. Their heartbeats were great today. They are now over 1lb each. Their profiles are precious and I even got to see one of them having the hiccups today. He is creator and he is healer. He is almighty God. How can I not cling to that? I know I've said this a million times, but I am so very grateful for the people in our lives who are praying with us and for us! One of the biggest reasons I wanted to blog through this journey was not to have something to brag about or share just to share, but to keep the important people to us a part of the journey. You've prayed for us before it was public knowledge that were even trying to conceive and you've continued to pray through each milestone and that is amazing to me! So I share this so I can not only look back and see God move through his people and through the power of prayer, but also so YOU may see his power; that YOU may be used by him. So, thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment