Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 22



If you've been following our blog then you already know that I've been seeing my MFM doctors each week to have my cervix length checked - it was short several weeks ago. I was put on progesterone last week to help regulate it (and hopefully lengthen it). I went yesterday to check it and it's even shorter - last week it was at 2.3 cm, yesterday it was at 2.0 cm. Normal range for around 22 weeks is anywhere from 3.5 cm to 4.0 cm I think. A short cervix can cause preterm labor. Currently I will continue taking the progesterone and taking it easy until next week's appointment. Next step will be to decide if I should get a surgical cerclage - where they stitch around the cervix to prevent it from dilating too soon. It has some risks along with success stories, but I feel uneasy about it still.

Needless to say I've been very emotional and feeling overwhelmed with processing all this. I will say it - I am fearful. My biggest fear is going into preterm labor and losing these precious girls. The Lord has been so incredibly good to us in this journey. He has been my hope and strength in some very challenging times. My prayer is that I will continue to trust him and not be overcome with worry. The babies are healthy, growing, and have strong heartbeats. We praise him in that!

I'm keeping this update short because I'm still quite emotional with all the what-if's. It's hard balancing my emotions and trusting completely in the Lord's plan.

Please pray for all of us in this. That God will perform a miracle and there will be improvement at next week's appointment. That I will rest, really rest in him and his truth. That Josiah will have some understanding of why I physically can't/shouldn't do certain things with him. Pray that this will strengthen us and our marriage and these healthy sweet babies will join us in 14 weeks. My heart. Oh how heavy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment