Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 33

33 weeks - look and feel like a watermelon!
Only two days in and I already have some stuff to share! Last week I didn't get to share the girls' growth because my ultrasound on Friday ended up being really late. I know measuring for growth/weight on the ultrasound isn't always 100% accurate, but I was pretty excited and relieved when I heard just how much they've grown in the past 3 weeks! Baby A weighed in at 4lbs 15oz and baby B weighed in at 5lbs 4oz. Big girls - following in their brother's footsteps! It gives me some comfort knowing if they were born very soon, they'd be a decent weight.

The weekend was kind of full - meaning I had several visitors and it was wonderful. A sweet friend of mine came down Saturday with lunch and we ate together and then talked for a couple hours. It was great. Later that day Richard came with Josiah and dinner. Josiah was in a good mood and behaved so well. My time with them was really very enjoyable. Sunday evening another dear friend of mine brought me dinner (from Cheesecake Factory - yum!). Those few hours catching up and laughing was so great. Being in Austin, away from family and friends, makes it hard to stay in the loop. So any chance to chat and just be with my people is so refreshing. It also makes it so much better when we can talk about life and not just focus on me and my situation. I love hearing about what they've been up to and what they're going through as well. I can only talk about yucky hospital food, my uncomfortable bed (and body), and updates on the babies and my emotions so much. I'm so very grateful for the friends who are invested in me and even in this situation I can still show my investment in them.

Monday was quite the whirlwind! There was a lot on the agenda that day - lots of visitors. Texas has had so much rain and thunderstorms this month, so the weather was pretty crazy that day. Mom was here in the morning with Josiah as usual. I had a good visit with them, Josiah was in a good mood again (yay!). Love it when your three year old cooperates with you. They were getting ready to leave and Josiah is used to the drill of giving mommy a hug, a kiss, and an "I love you" before heading out the door. He walked over to me with his arms out, sat in my lap, and wrapped his arms around me and said, "I cuddle wif mommy for a bit" and we just sat there hugging. It was precious and, yes, I teared up some. I miss my little boy like all get out, he'll always be my baby. After they left, some friends from church came by to do some maternity photos for me. They had offered to take some for me so we'd have the memories of all this before the twins come. Richard and I did our own when I was pregnant with Josiah and I really wanted some done with the twins, but then this whole bed rest thing happened so I had thrown the idea out the window. Glad they had the idea to do it from the hospital room. The weather did not help with lighting, but they got a few great shots (they're posted at the bottom of this post). While they were here, another group of friends stopped by on their way through Austin. So, my room was filled with 4 adults, 2 kids, a baby, and pregnant lady with twins (that's me...) and then it hit. We were on a tornado warning and had to "take cover" which consisted of us going out in the hall and hanging out for awhile. I will say, having all these wonderful friends with me made that the most enjoyable tornado warning I've ever been in! The warning eventually lifted and they were able to head home to safety.
Tornado warning hangout fun
Richard was planning on coming down earlier that day, but had stayed home because of the tornado warnings. He was finally able to leave the house. It was nice that he got here before it had gotten too late - I had plans for us to pretend we were home on a date night in and eat dinner together and watch a movie. Glad we were able to stick to the plan. I needed some normalcy with the hubby!
Date night in - hubby, babies, and a movie
Had an ultrasound today. Babies look beautiful. They're breathing so well, heart rates are good, and moving around like crazy! Baby B's amniotic fluid is still a bit high, but they'll just continue to keep an eye on it. Today the sonographer pointed out that both babies have hair! Josiah was bald forever, so I was excited when I heard this. Obviously, it's pretty hard to tell from an ultrasound how much hair they have, but she could tell B has a little more than A. She also printed off a picture of the babies positions - A's butt is right in B's face! Haha! I love it! Poor girl has less room than sister and often gets beat up on by her, this was her payback!
The MFM doctor came in today on his round. There are 6 of them and I've met most of them, but I hadn't met the one that's on call for the next two weeks. I like him. He's very straight forward and will tell you like it is and give you his honest opinion about things. So it was good to talk with him and get an idea of what next week might look like. I will be 34 weeks and the possibility of me being discharged will be reassessed again. I'm already 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Next week they will check me again before allowing me to be discharged. Since I'm right on the edge of going either way he may just keep me here until 36 weeks. If I stay they will take me off the procardia medication, which may cause me to go into labor. If they send me home, they will keep me on procardia to hopefully prolong the possibility of going into labor before 36 weeks - since my hospital back home can't take anyone earlier than 36 weeks. It made me feel better knowing he has a plan for both possibilities...and that he has no problem making the decision for me. That's the overwhelming thing to me - I've already made the decision to stay here 2 weeks longer than I may have needed (out of caution), that I've felt unsure about being confident in making yet another similar decision next week. It's a hard place to be in - to want to do what's best AND know it's what God wants for you. So naturally, we continue to "wait and see" before any decision can be made. Gosh, I've done so much of that this pregnancy. As challenging as it can be, it's always good to be stretched and grown through the Lord's plan.

Some hospital bed rest maternity photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment