Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week 13


I probably should be fired from the internet for posting a bathroom selfie of my baby bump, but let's face it, with a toddler running around, I won't get a whole lot of opportunities to set up my tripod and post a real photo of myself. This will have to do. Toddler smudges on the mirror and all.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant with the twins now! My belly is getting bigger - a lot sooner than it did with J. I've been sick since Christmas with this congestion/allergy thing. It makes for a good nights sleep hard to find :( I'm already starting to feel aches in my back and shoulders. It's not too terrible, but boy, am I exhausted by 8pm! The nausea continues to disappear for days then magically show up again and hang around for a few days. Usually during nap time, so much doesn't get done around the house. I haven't actually been sick, so I can't complain too much, right?

A week or so ago I thought I could feel movement. This week I've noticed a little more. It's usually in the evening when I'm sitting on the couch trying to relax. It feels like little gas bubbles, especially after I press my tummy in certain spots. So fun! It'll be exciting, and I'm sure very weird, when they're a bit bigger and start really moving.

I've already had some weird pregnancy dreams, even before we found out it was twins - something about the baby being a spider. Yes, a spider. Last weekend I had a kind of scary dream and woke up crying. My poor husband. It felt very real and it kind of freaked me out - there was something wrong with Baby B and we lost it. I'm sure it's just my own little worry that stemmed from the sonographer having a hard time getting a good look at B at my ultrasound, even though she said everything looked fine and heart beat was good. My double hormonal self can't handle vivid dreams like this! I remember praying that morning after I calmed down. And various times throughout this week too. He will bring me peace and comfort.

In other news, we crossed off our biggest pre-twins expense this past weekend. We bought a minivan!
We were planning on buying a new (to us) car in April or May, but we stumbled across this great deal and couldn't pass it up! I always said I'd never own a minivan; that I'd drive a big SUV instead. Yeah, well with gas and insurance expenses, that's not going to happen. Minivan it is! Let me tell you, I actually love the practicality and functionality of it. It's so easy getting J in and out and as I get bigger it will be so much easier for ME to get in and out as it's lower to the ground...and the leather seats add to the comfort of driving it. It's still pretty surreal. When I'm driving around town I often catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror with rows of seats behind me and think, I'm driving a freaking minivan!" It's actually pretty great.

Next week is J's birthday and my birthday and my mom is flying in for a visit. It will be great to have the company and the help at his party. She'll also get to go to my next OB appointment and hear the heartbeats, all the while taming a wild 3 year old in the office. That should be fun!

Prayers for continued health and growth with the babies are appreciated. Along with the prayers that my worries be few and my trust grow as these littles grow inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment