Thursday, July 5, 2012

Working it Out

As I recall, I said I'd post about my recent workout routine.
So here's the goal:
-Get up at 6am Monday-Friday and workout. Giving myself the weekends off.
-Monday, Wednesday, Friday do Biggest Loser Extreme Calorie Burn DVD (with all 3 workouts + warm up and cool down = 60 minutes)
-Tuesday, Thursday do Beachbody Slim in 6 Cardio Core Express DVD...which I found at our church garage sale for $1. Can't beat that! (including warm up and cool down = 28 minutes)
-Shower
-Baby wakes up to be fed and my day starts.

Here's what actually happened:
-Got up around 6:30/6:45 Monday-Friday and worked out. (I know it's only Thursday, but I will be getting up around this time tomorrow I'm sure to do my workout).
-Monday did TBL DVD (ALL parts = 60 minutes)
-Tuesday did Cardio Core DVD (really like this one = 28 minutes)
-Wednesday did TBL DVD (cut out the last 15 minute routine because I'm not a huge fan = 45 minutes)
-Thursday did Cardio Core DVD (again, like this one = 28 minutes)
-Friday WILL do TBL DVD...(will probably cut the last routine again = 45 minutes)
-Some days I got in a shower before the baby waking up...others not so much
-My day begins no matter what.

So here's how I feel about this week. I'm definitely proud of myself for getting up early and doing my workouts. I feel great after I get in some exercise...even if it is completely exhausting. My body is definitely feeling it this week that's for sure. After spending the month of April doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I've realized one thing...I've been doing lunges and squats wrong all along. Must be why my knees are so bad now. She doesn't focus much on form and, honestly, form is rather important to the progress you will make. I wasn't putting my weight on my heels like you're supposed to, instead it was all in my knees. Hence the reason I feel like an old lady with arthritis every time I get up or sit down. Ouch. They feel much better this week...only now it's my thighs, glutes, and calves that are burning. I'm doing it right!

I haven't noticed a huge jump on the scale. I AM eating very well. Practicing some serious self control and not binge eating. I know it takes time, but I'm kind of impatient. I've been dying to get out these maternity pants/shorts for awhile now and now that I'm actually doing something about it, it's not happening as fast as I would like. But such is life. I'm losing this weight at a decent rate, which will help me keep it off in the long run. This is no "diet plan" but rather a lifestyle change...with some goals that I would really like to be reached in a certain amount of time. One being that I'm a bridesmaid in one of my good friend's wedding this October, but we're ordering the dresses on the 20th of this month. Not much time for me to be where I want to be and I know I won't be. But I'm hoping I'll be able to purchase a hopefully smaller size and have it altered a few weeks before the wedding. I plan on working on this weight loss thing until I reach my goal, which means I've got a ways to go! But I'm determined and committed, so it will happen!

My hope for this next week is to actually roll my sleepy carcass out of bed at 6am like I planned. I know it seems early for a stay at home mom, but when your child wakes up anytime (and I mean ANYTIME) between 7-8am you want your workout (and hopefully a shower) done. Plus as early as it is, that time is my me-time. I need to start thinking of myself too.

My next goal: make a daily date with God for prayer and reading. This has been hit or miss with me lately (mostly miss) and I NEED it...and so does the Lord.

Kassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment