Friday, September 19, 2014

Keep My Eyes Above the Waves

 Quick Update:
Yesterday we got some good news after I had an HSG test done (if you must know details, check out what this test is here). They found nothing abnormal - and for that we praise Him! We continue to wait for results from Richard's SA test and my appointment in October to determine our next step.

I woke up this morning craving the comfort of my god. This little infertility journey we're on is an emotional one and I constantly find myself needing stability when so many things around us are whirling and not in one piece. I was reminded of a song we sing at church and cried out in worship to Him.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

We are not promised an easy life, even as Christians. In fact, we are told it will be hard. The thing is, He is always there with us to bring comfort and strength. Instead of being upset and angry, I run to him to find rest; to find comfort while we wait in the unknown. My heart cry is that I will learn to trust Him without limits, meaning, wherever He guides me - in goodness and in trials - I will trust in Him and in His plan FULLY. I have to stop putting limits on God. I have to stop trusting him just a little bit and give Him all my trust. It's hard, people, but it's so incredibly humbling and completely worth it! My faith is being made stronger because of this; because of this journey; because of His love for us and for that I am so incredibly grateful.

I am His and He is mine in ALL things.


1 comment:

  1. Love this, you, and your heart. So encouraging and convicting. Praise God for iron sharpening iron.

    ReplyDelete